Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Gaming

Nadine hosted gamers for shabbat lunch, and we played some games afterward.

Tichu

I expressed interest in a complete game of Tichu, rather than some mid-length board game.

I played with Tal for the first half, and then Nadine became my partner for the second half. Our opponents were Abraham and Adam; Adam was somewhat less skilled in the game.

Tal left when we were up 495 to 5. Two rounds after Nadine joined us, we were tied 550 to 550. However, Nadine and I once again took the lead and kept it until the end.

Twice Adam called Tichu and then I called Tichu right after. Both times, I made my call (and obviously he didn't). Abraham called and made one Grand Tichu, but then I did the same on the next round. On the last round, with the score 570 to 930 (us), Abraham bid one more Grand Tichu. I bid Tichu right after, and again I made mine.

I had some pretty good hands.

Stone Age

Meanwhile, Emily, Eitan, Sara, and Shani played Stone Age. Either Eitan was convinced he was winning, or Sara managed to convince everyone that he was winning. But in fact, Sara ended up winning by over 30 points.

After this game, Adam, Abraham, Sara, Eitan, and Emily went off to Abraham's house to continue playing.

Elvish Dogs Game

I didn't actually play this, but one of my friends from Sweden had it sitting on her shelf. It's a Hungry Hungry Hippos clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment